Drawing on over 39 years of experience and innovation, Meade Instruments introduces the latest in a long line of advanced astronomical products: the LX850. Using revolutionary new technology, every aspect of this amazing telescope system has been designed to deliver the new standard in astrophotographic and visual performance. Fast f/8 Advanced Coma-Free (ACF) optical system. This optical system produces wider, flatter fields with no coma for pinpoint stars out to the edge of larger imaging sensors or extreme wide angle eyepieces.
- include 8×50 viewfinder, Series 5000 2″ enhanced 99% reflective diagonal and a 25mm HD-60 premium eyepiece. Clear Aperature : 14″ (356mm) Optical Design
- Advanced Coma Free (ACF) Focal Length
- 3556mm Focal Ratio
- f/8 Telescope Mounting
- Heavy-duty German Equatorial OTA Mounting
- Losmandy ®-style mounting plate Optical Coatings
- Ultra-High Transmission Coatings (UHTC) Resolving Power (Dawes Limit
- 0.456 arc seconds Secondary Obstruction (%)
- Low-expansion borosilicate glass Secondary Mirror
- Individually figured with primary mirror for maximum correction. Low-expansion borosilicate glass Correcting Plate/Lens
- 20.95 AutoStar Controller
- Autostar II Object Database
- 145,000 objects Viewfinder
- 8x50mm with cross-hair reticle Eyepiece
- HD-60 25mm, long eye relief, premium eyepiece Diagonal
- 2″ dielectric Serie 5000 diagonal Optional Focal Reducer/Field Flattener
- 2 inch diameter, 3 element, fully multi-coated, f/5 (designed specifically for LX800 f/8 ACF optical systems) Optimal back focus distance at f/5
- 3.5 inches Focus System
- Internal Crayford style zero image-shift primary mirror focus with dual speed 7
- Aspheric high-spectral transmission Borofloat glass from Schott AG Germany Optical Tube
- 1 control Primary Mirror Lock
- Not required due to internal Crayford style primary mirror focusing system Slow Motion Controls
- Electronic Control Panel
- 12v DC in, 12v DC out, Power, Focuser, Reticle, Handbox port, 1 computer connection port (RS232), 1 StarLock port, 1 Aux guide port Total Instrument Capacity
- 90.0 lbs. (40.80 kg) Counterweights
- Included. 2 x 18 lbs. Zero Image-Shift Microfocuser
- Optional Accessory equipment mounting system
- Optional Series 5000 Auxiliary Equipment Mounting System Power
- 12v DC 5 amp, using supplied Meade Universal Power Supply Primary Mirror
- . Optional custom-designed LX850 f/5 large-format focal reducer/field flattener also available
- StarLock full-time automatic integrated guider assists with ultra precise drift polar alignment, finds and centers targets and then automatically locks onto a field star as faint as 11th magnitude for one arcsecond guiding
- No separate computer, no guide star selection, no user focus. Just setup your camera and image.
- German Equatorial Mount made from machined aluminum and stainless steel with large bearing surfaces and roller bearings in both axes for an extremely solid and stable platform
- . Internal Crayford-style primary mirror focusing system with a dual speed 7:1 focus control, that eliminates image shift and mirror flop.
- Precise focus is a snap. Internal cabling to prevent snags and tangles during your imaging sessions. Precision machined 5.8″ main gears with 225 teeth in both R.A. and DEC. with .68″ worms for very accurate movements and tracking. 1.75″ diameter threaded stainless steel counterweight shaft with 26 lb. threaded stainless steel counterweight for easy and safe adjustments to telescope balance.
- Sophisticated built-in computer for the most accurate control of the StarLock and other telescope systems. AutoStar II hand control with over 144,000 object database to take you to almost any object imaginable at the push of the GoTo button. AutoStar II allows the user to setup and operate the LX850 in just the way you want.
- Ultra-stable adjustable height tripod. Three inch diameter legs fold up for easy transport
The EXPLORE SCIENTIFIC AR152MM WITH EXOS2GT is a nice and great refractor combined with the EXOS2GT mount for sky observation. The Explore Scientific AR Serie refractors are classic air-spaced, crown-and-flint, doublet achromatic refractors with superior-class optical figure, in a short (f/6.5) focal length design. These optics are an extreme value, produce stunning images of deep sky objects, double stars, planets, and the moon that are a small fraction of the price of comparable aperture apochromat refractors. Finally one can own a diffraction-limited high quality refractor for a relatively modest investment.
- Designed to handle the rigors of public star parties and educational outreach, the Explore Scientific AR Series has standard hardware which includes a precision two-speed focuser
- a 99% Reflective 2-inch Diagonal Mirror, and an 8×50 Finder Scope.
- The optics in their collimatable lens cell are fully multi-coated to eliminate light scatter and maintain image contrast.
- Although you may never need to adjust optical alignment, the AR Series allows for collimating the lens set should the telescope ever require it.
- Contrast is further enhanced with multiple baffles that mask and deflect unwanted stray light.
- The Explore Scientific Air-Spaced Doublet AR Series telescopes include a precision 2-inch two-speed focuser as standard equipment.
- On those prestine nights of steady seeing, Saturn’s Rings can forever affect the hearts and minds of almost anyone who lays eyes on them. It’s nights like these that astronomers like to set up their refractors and push the magnification to the limits, not only to see the magnificence of the planet at greater scale but to really test the optical and mechanical quality of the telescope.
- Many telescopes are only supplied with a standard single-speed focuser, you will find that a tiny nudge will throw out focus and turn your night into one of frustration.
- The Two-Inch Dielectric Diagonal includes a 1.25″ eyepiece holder adapter and dust covers to protect the mirror.
- Package includes the GE mount, polar finder, tripod, hand controller, battery pack, and 9.9 lb counterweight.
- Package includes the GE mount, polar finder, tripod, hand controller, battery pack, and 9.9 lb counterweight.
- Provided as standard equipment, Explore Scientific’s Two Inch Dielectric Diagonal incorporates a light-weight, one-piece diagonal body that securely cradles the precision polished diagonal flat mirror, insuring precision alignment.
- Ultra-high reflective coatings (99% reflective) composed of multiple thin layers of dielectric material delivers maximum light output.
- Both 2″ and 1.25″ eyepiece holders use compression rings instead of a simple set-screw to more securely hold your valued eyepiece (or imaging device) and to minimize scoring of eyepiece barrels.
- You can thread standard 48mm filters into the barrel. The purpose of a diagonal is to securely hold your eyepiece and to give you a comfortable viewing angle.
- Provided as standard equipment, Explore Scientific’s Two Inch Diagonal incorporates a light-weight, one-piece diagonal body that securely cradles the precision polished diagonal flat mirror, insuring precision alignment.
- The Explore Scientific 8×50 Finder Scope provides a true field of view of 6°. Its coated optics provide a bright high-resolution image so that many faint stars and nebulosity can be detected for precise aiming.
- The front objective can be custom focused to provide a sharp image every time.
- The EXOS2GT contained in EXPLORE SCIENTIFIC AR152MM WITH EXOS2GT is a German Equatorial mount is equipped with motors on both axes, allowing the mount to track astronomical objects accurately.
- The precision gears allow operation with a minimum of backlash on all nine slewing speeds.
- A simple 1, 2 or 3 star alignment is necessary to orient the scope for tracking and finding objects.
- The convenient hand controller has GoTo function controls with 272,994 object database making this affordable mount accurate and reliable.
- Clear Aperture: 152mm
- Focal Length: 988 mm
- Focal Ratio: f/6.5
- Resolving Power: 0.77 arc seconds
- Coatings: Fully Multi-Coated
- Limiting Stellar Magnitude: 13.4
- Focuser: Two-Speed Crayford-Style, w/ Adjustable Tension and Lock
- Finder Scope: 8×50
- Tube Diameter: 6.21″ – 157.7mm
- Tube Length (eyepiece holder to end of dew shield): 41″ – 1041.4mm
- Tube Construction: Aluminum; Stainless Steel
- Optical Tube Assembly Weight (with all standard accessories): 23.5 lb.; – 10.7 kg
- Payload capacity: 29 lb.
- Polar finder: Illuminated
- Tripod: 2″ in stainless steel
- Counterweight: 9,9 lb.
- Integrated bubble level
The Orion SkyQuest XT10i IntelliScope Dobsonian Reflector telescope entertains amateur astronomers worldwide by virtue of its dazzling optics, contemporary design, and most exciting of all, the ability to locate any of more than 14,000 fascinating celestial objects with pushbutton ease! Our big, 10″ diameter IntelliScope Dobsonian features an expertly figured 10″ (254mm) parabolic mirror with a long, 1200mm focal length (f/4.7). The reflective optics gather 56% more light than an 8″ mirror, allowing you to view stars as faint as magnitude 15. This is truly a Dobsonian telescope of a lifetime.
With the Orion SkyQuest XT10i IntelliScope, locating and viewing even the most elusive deep-sky curiosities becomes a “no brainer.” Just select an object to view from the IntelliScope Hand Controller’s 14,000+ object database. High-resolution, 9,216-step digital encoders integrated in the telescope then pinpoint the object and provide you with simple left/right and up/down directions so you can gently push the telescope to your specified target. Using the “push-to” XT10i IntelliScope helps you learn the night sky more quickly than motorized GoTo systems, since you are actively involved in slewing the telescope to the correct viewing position. Additionally, the “push-to” SkyQuest XT10i IntelliScope Dobsonian runs on a single 9V battery cell for hours, which is a lot less power than more costly motorized GoTo systems require. You can use the handheld IntelliScope Computerized Object Locator to choose from dozens of additional menu options, including tours of the best deep-sky gems each month and identification of any object in the field of view. Oh, so that’s the “Cat’s Paw” Nebula!
Take a “push-to” tour of the heavens with the included IntelliScope Object Locator.
The SkyQuest XT10i IntelliScope’s Object Locator hand controller will tell you exactly where to point the telescope to see any of over 14,000 celestial objects within its database. Simply select the object you wish to view using the IntelliScope controller’s menu buttons, then follow the directional arrows on the controller’s display screen to aim the telescope right at the desired object. Or, you can press the Tour button to select one of 12 tours of the best objects visible in any given month.
Dial-in celestial details with the smooth and accurate 2″ Crayford focuser.
The XT10i IntelliScope’s Crayford focuser is more accurate than a rack-and-pinion design focuser. Roller bearing construction eliminates image shift due to drawtube “rocking” and ensures all focus adjustments are smooth, accurate, and virtually free of backlash and flexure, even with heavier 2″ accessories installed. A removable 1.25″ adapter allows use of both 1.25″ and 2″ eyepieces and accessories.
Aim your XT10i comfortably with the included 9×50 Right-Angle Correct-Image Finder Scope.
A big, 9×50 right-angle correct-image finder scope is included to help precisely aim the XT10i telescope. The finder scope’s eyepiece is oriented 90° from its objective lens, so you can aim the XT10i without having to contort your neck to see through the finder. The finder’s correct-image view makes it easy to navigate across the night sky to zero in on interesting targets and accurately center alignment stars.
Use the navigation knob to slew the XT8i IntelliScope from target to target.
The XT10i IntelliScope’s enameled steel reflector optical tube boasts a handy “navigation knob” for easy slewing and repositioning of the telescope. To move the telescope, simply grasp the navigation knob near the front opening of the scope and gently move the tube up or down and left or right as desired.
Here is a fun and compact telescope that’s sure to inspire the whole family’s natural inclination to explore. The Orion StarBlast 4.5 Astro Reflector Telescope will impress you and your family with it’s high-quality construction and great performance. It’s a real reflecting telescope that is wonderfully simple to set up and use!
- A perfect telescope for beginning amateur astronomers, the StarBlast 4.5 Astro Reflector is manufactured with the kind of quality you’d expect only to find in much more expensive models.
- Everyone in the family will enjoy using the StarBlast 4.5 Astro Reflector telescope thanks to its uncomplicated, simple design and high level of performance.
- The StarBlast 4.5 will give beginning amateur astronomers hour after hour of fun under the stars and also nurture their interest in the night sky, thanks to its exceptional, high-quality optics. In fact, the optics of the StarBlast 4.5 Astro Reflector are so good that it’s also a very popular choice for more experienced amateur astronomers looking for a compact and portable telescope to use as a “grab-and-go” alternative to larger, bulkier mounted models that require more setup time and maintenance.
- With its 4.5″ aperture parabolic primary mirror, the StarBlast 4.5 Astro Reflector Telescope will wow the whole family with gorgeous wide-field views of the night sky.
- Fascinating craters and mountains on the Moon pop out in crisp detail through the pint-sized StarBlast 4.5 Astro Telescope, but the fun doesn’t end there. You’ll see more than just the Moon with this capable reflector. On clear evenings, the StarBlast 4.5 can provide pleasing views of giant Jupiter with its orbiting moons and Saturn with its stunning rings.
- Thanks to its precisely crafted, wide-field f/4 reflective optics and significant 4.5″ (114mm) aperture, the StarBlast 4.5 Astro Telescope can reveal intriguing views of bright galaxies, distant cloudy nebulas, and sparkling star clusters for the whole family to enjoy.
- Outfitted with a thorough set of included accessories, the StarBlast 4.5 Astro Reflector is one well equipped telescope!
The ED80T CF apo refractor is a versatile power performer telescope well-suited for multiple applications. With a focal length of 480mm (f/6.0), its fast unobstructed optics yield detail-rich visual views of solar system and wide-field deep-sky objects alike. The triplet objective and top-notch ED optics virtually eliminate chromatic aberrations making the ED80T CF refractor an excellent candidate for astrophotography use when used with an imaging-capable equatorial mount and CCD or DSLR camera. The relatively small size and light weight of the refractor telescope makes it perfectly portable for escapades to dark-sky locations for either visual or photographic expeditions. The retractable dew shield makes the ED80T CF even more compact for storage and transport, with a length of 14.3″ with the dew shield fully retracted. The refractor telescope measures 18.25″ long when the dew shield is fully extended to minimize peripheral glare and dew accumulation.
The MallinCam UNIVERSE represent years of design and research in a Color CCD Camera that is capable of live Constant Refresh with a maximum download of a second per frame. The New system called CRS (Constant Refresh System) is a first in a CCD camera where the software takes an image and download it for full frame review live on the computer monitor non-stop. Camera act as a video system thru a software displaying a none stop new image at every exposure. The New MallinCam UNIVERSE is 100% USB 2.0 controlled and image is also transferred through USB. A Deep Cooling system with a sealed sensor chamber allow cooling to reach -45C constantly to ensure lowest noise and dark current where in most case a dark frame is not generally required. A first in the industry.
- Taking magazine publication images is now possible and easier than ever with this new system. A constant live image is also displayed for those who wish to use the camera as a live observing system.
- With its class 0 scientific grade super large sensor with a total optical size diagonal of 28.4 mm across and large 7.8 X 7.8 micron pixels size, the camera will excel in delivering live color images.
- Total pixels of the ccd sensor is 6.31 mega pixels.
- Horizontal size of the sensor is 25.10mm and Vertical size is 17.64mm.
- Active pixels delivers a total size of 3032 X 2016. Active pixels is 6.11 mp.
- The New MallinCam UNIVERSE can also be switched from color mode to black and white by a click of the mouse.
- A binning mode of 2×2, 3×3, 4×4 is available by a click of the mouse to increase sensitivity and change resolution allowing live focus on the fly in any image size with the crop feature not found on any other models of astronomy ccd camera.
- Live processing per frame is done with features such as Full histogram adjustment, full GAMMA range, Full Contrast range, and auto white balance or manual RGB color balance.
- The unique “Hyper Circuit” found on all other MallinCams” system has been introduced into this new design making the MallinCam UNIVERSE deliver a high variable gain and a unltra high Dynamic range and a Signal to Noise ratio of 60+ db. Works with WIN XP, WIN Vista, WIN 7. 32 or 64 bits.
- The MallinCam Universe comes complete with a 5 meter USB cable, 2″ threaded adapter, a 1.25″ converter is included allowing the use of a optional1.25″ eyepiece adapter, 110 volts AC to 12 volts DC power supply, driver and software CD rom.
- A optional 0.5X focal reducer is available and a optional spacer is also available. MallinCam Universe weigh just over 924 grams (2.1 pounds) and use T mount system